How We Select Keynote Speakers
Keynote speakers are generally hand selected by MISHRM leadership. In the event we call for a keynote speaker and you would like to join our list, please submit your email address to the right for communications regarding future opportunities. Solicit phone calls and emails will not be returned.
Q: How do breakout speakers apply?
A: Interested breakout speakers may enter their email address to the right to receive information related to future speaking opportunities. Interested speakers are instructed to submit their proposed session into the speaker portal which opens mid-late January and closes mid-March. Breakout speakers are selected in mid-late April. All breakout speakers MUST complete and submit through the electronic form by the deadline to be considered. Solicit phone calls and emails will not be returned.
Q: How are breakout speakers selected?
A: The volunteer lead breakout speaker committee reviews all submissions and takes into consideration a myriad of factors including Resource Partnership, track specific topics and content, eligibility for business credits, etc. There are a designated amount of breakout time slots to fill and we ask if you do not get asked to speak, you consider submitting in the future.
Q: Do breakout speakers get paid to speak?
A: Our breakout speakers are not paid speaking engagements. Speaker’s travel costs and lodging will be the responsibility of the presenter. Most speakers and their companies recognize the importance of being part of MISHRM’s educational events and embrace a goodhearted spirit by covering travel and lodging.
Q: What are the benefits of speaking at the MISHRM State Conference?
A: The MISHRM State Conference is the largest gathering of human resources professionals in the state. The conference offers world-renowned keynote speakers, educational sessions, networking opportunities and exposure to the latest HR products and services. Our sessions are geared toward professionals, whether they are just starting out in HR or are a senior level executive; MISHRM State Conference has something for everyone to learn and amazing individuals to connect with.
Speakers associated with MISHRM education events are recognized as industry leaders and subject matter experts.
- All selected speakers receive ONE complimentary registration to the full conference to be used by the speaker only. This is NOT transferable to a coworker or friend. Please note that to receive this benefit, speakers MUST register in advance.
- Speakers gain increased visibility throughout the statewide MISHRM community.
- Speakers and their companies/organizations are included in promotional information sent to members via email blasts, marketing materials, social media highlights, the MISHRM conference website, press releases and other publicity outlets.
- Speakers have the opportunity to network with peers and other professionals at specifically designed points throughout the event.
- Speakers can provide information in the MISHRM conference bags, if applicable. Information must be received by deadline provided in advance to be included.
- Speakers prove their value, expertise, knowledge by presenting relevant and timely subjects in an effective manner, often leading to business development.
- Speakers will receive full conference registration email list one week before the conference. And the final list one week following the conference.