The MISHRM State Conference is the largest gathering of human resources professionals in the state. The conference offers world-renowned keynote speakers, educational sessions, networking opportunities and exposure to the latest HR products and services. Our sessions are geared toward professionals, whether they are just starting out in HR or are a senior level executive; MISHRM State Conference has something for everyone to learn and amazing individuals to connect with.
Speakers associated with MISHRM education events are recognized as industry leaders and subject matter experts.
All selected speakers receive 1 complimentary registration to the event to be used by the speaker only. This is NOT transferable to a coworker or friend.
- Please note that to receive this benefit, speakers MUST register in advance.
- Speakers gain increased visibility throughout the statewide MISHRM community.
- Speakers and their companies/organizations are included in promotional information sent to members via email blasts, marketing materials, social media highlights, the MISHRM conference website, press releases and other publicity outlets.
- Speakers have the opportunity to network with peers and other professionals at specifically designed points throughout the event.
- Speakers can provide information in the MISHRM conference bags, if applicable.
- Information must be received by deadline provided in advance to be included.
- Speakers can prove their value, expertise, knowledge by presenting relevant and timely subjects in an effective manner, often leading to business development.
- Speakers will receive full conference registration email list one week before the conference. And the final list one week following the conference.
MISHRM Conference Breakout Speaker FAQs
- When will I find out if my proposal has been accepted?
Can I still submit a proposal after the Call for Speakers has closed?
Can I have multiple colleagues speak with me?
- Our conference speaker committee will complete the review process in March, selections will be made in early April. Please DO NOT email the conference committee prior to this.
Do I have to pay for my conference registration?
- Yes, you will need to indicate this during the submission process and provide co-presenter and/or panelist’s information at that time.
Does MISHRM pay for speaker’s travel costs and lodging?
- In appreciation for your presentation and participation, MISHRM offers speakers one (1) complimentary registration for the conference. Complimentary registration is NOT transferable or able to be used as a credit. If multiple speakers are presenting, MISHRM offers one (1) additional complimentary conference registration if presentation materials are submitted by deadlines outlined in the speaker agreement that can be used for the co-presenter or panelist’s registration. You must indicate if you will be available for all of the conference or a portion thereof during the final registration process.
Do speakers get paid to speak?
- Speaker’s travel costs and lodging will be the responsibility of the presenter. Most speakers and their companies recognize the importance of being part of MISHRM’s educational events and embrace a goodhearted spirit by handling travel and lodging.
Can I sell books onsite at the conference?
- Our breakout speakers are not paid speaking engagements.
What if I need to make a change to my presentation after I’ve submitted my final version?
- Yes, you may sell books and we will need to know this information by the presentation deadline date.
Will my slides be shared?
- If you have made changes to your presentation, please contact Robin Welch firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will need to receive the updated version, so it can be uploaded to the app, added to the master slide deck, etc. Depending on the change to the presentation, we may need to re-submit for certification which can cause issues in approval of credits. This will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Please note that the deadline for all presentations and supporting PDFs (added to the app) is Friday, September 23rd. There will be NO CHANGES permitted beyond this date.
How long are the breakout sessions?
- Yes, slides will be shared IN ADVANCE of the conference via the app. Please keep this in mind when creating your slides. If any printed documents are needed, that will be the responsibility of the presenter.
Will I receive feedback about my session? If so, when should I expect to receive it?
- Breakout sessions are primarily 1 hour total. We do have one block of breakouts that will be 1.5 hours long. Please note that we welcome creative ideas for this 1.5 hour block of time and encourage thinking beyond the standard ‘lecture’ for this timeframe.
What types of credits are applied for?
- It takes about 4 weeks to compile and calculate the session survey results. Session feedback is available upon request only.
Do attendees have access to recordings year-round?
- HRCI Business and HRCI General credits and SHRM Credits are all credits that the MISHRM Speaker Committee will submit for on your behalf.
What is the general size of a breakout session?
- Yes, our attendees cannot attend all breakout sessions, therefore we offer attendees paid access to approved recordings for up to one year from conference dates.
What audio visual is available on site?
- Approximately 50-100 people per breakout session.
- MISHRM will provide the projector, slide advancer, sound system/speakers, sound for video, microphones and all cables and connectors. If you have any special requirements or need special assistance, this MUST be noted and agreed upon in the initial speaker agreement.
Please visit our FAQ page for more non-speaker related information.