The MISHRM State Conference is the largest gathering of human resources professionals in the state. The conference offers world-renowned keynote speakers, three days of educational sessions, networking opportunities and exposure to the latest HR products and services. Our sessions are geared towards professionals whether they are just starting out in HR or are a senior level executive, MISHRM State Conference has something for everyone to learn and amazing individuals to connect with.
Speakers associated with MISHRM education events are recognized as industry leaders and subject matter experts.
- All selected speakers receive 1 complimentary registration to the event.
- Speakers gain increased visibility throughout the statewide MISHRM community.
- Speakers and their companies/organizations are included in promotional information sent to members via email blasts, marketing materials, social media highlights, the MISHRM conference website, press releases and other publicity outlets.
- Speakers have the opportunity to network with peers and other professionals at specifically designed points throughout the event.
- Speakers can provide information in the MISHRM conference bags, if applicable.
- Speakers can prove their value, expertise, knowledge by presenting relevant and timely subjects in an effective manner, often leading to business development.
- Speakers will receive full conference registration email list.
MISHRM Conference Breakout Speaker FAQs
- When will I find out if my proposal has been accepted?
Can I still submit a proposal after the Call for Speakers has closed?
- Our conference speaker committee will complete the review process in March, selections will be made in early April.
Can I have multiple colleagues speak with me?
- No, please join our mailing list found on the MISHRM website to hear about future speaking opportunities in 2022.
Do I have to pay for my conference registration?
- Yes, you will need to indicate this during the submission process and provide co-presenter and/or panelist’s information at that time.
Does MISHRM pay for speaker’s travel costs and lodging?
- In appreciation for your presentation and participation, MISHRM offers speakers one (1) complimentary registration for the conference. Complimentary registration is NOT transferable or able to be used as a credit. If multiple speakers are presenting, MISHRM offers one (1) additional complimentary conference registration if presentation materials are submitted by deadlines outlined in the speaker agreement that can be used for the co-presenter or panelist’s registration. You must indicate if you will be available for all of the conference or a portion thereof during the final registration process.
What if I need to make a change to my presentation after I’ve submitted my final version?
- Speaker’s travel costs and lodging will be the responsibility of the presenter. Most speakers and their companies recognize the importance of being part of MISHRM’s educational events and embrace a goodhearted spirit by handling travel and lodging.
Will I receive feedback about my session? If so, when should I expect to receive it?
- If you have made changes to your presentation, please contact Kristen Davidson firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will need to receive the updated version, so it can be uploaded to the app, added to the master slide deck, etc. Please note that there WILL be a cutoff date where changes can no longer be made. This information will be communicated at a later date via email to the selected speakers. Depending on the change to the presentation, we may need to re-submit for certification which can cause issues in approval of credits. This will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
What types of credits are applied for?
- It takes about 4 weeks to compile and calculate the session survey results. Session feedback is available upon request only.
Do attendees have access to recordings year-round?
- HRCI Business and HRCI General credits, SHRM Credits, APA Credits are all credits that the MISHRM Speaker Committee will submit for on your behalf.
What is the general size of a breakout session?
- Yes, many times our attendees cannot attend all breakout sessions they would like and we will be offering attendees access to approved recordings for up to one year from conference dates.
What audio visual is available on site?
- Approximately 50-100 people per breakout session.
- MISHRM will provide the projector, slide advancer, sound system/speakers, sound for video, microphones and all cables and connectors.